Chicken N' Waffles With Cashew Fruit Meat
• 1 packet of Caju Love
• 1 cup vegan buttermilk, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 cup 1:1 gf flour
• 1 mashed banana
• 1 1/2 cup non dairy milk (pour 1/2 cup at a time)
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• A splash of apple cider vinegar
• break apart nugget sized pieces of the “chicken” and saute in a pan with 1 Tbsp oil until lightly browned
• In a shallow bowl, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar to make the vegan buttermilk.
Set aside for 10 minutes.
• after buttermilk mixture has curdled add together the flour, salt, and spices listed above.
• add breadcrumbs to a separate bowl
• coat “chicken” pieces in batter and then coat in breadcrumbs
• in an airfryer or lined baking sheet cook for 15 mins or until golden brown and crispy
- Mix the waffle ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour a few spoonfuls of batter into a waffle maker and cook until golden.
- Enjoy with a drizzle or downpour of maple sriracha(maple syrup mixed with sriracha), chives, and crumbled vegan feta