Plant-Based BBQ burger
Serving size : 3-4 burgers : can be made gluten free
Preparation time : 15 minutes
- one pack of cashew meat
- Burger buns of choice
- 1/3 cup of BBQ sauce
- salt to taste
- half a teaspoon of onion powder
- one teaspoon of vegan mayo ( optional )
- a teaspoon of cooking oil
- a handful of salad greens of choice
- tomato ( optional)
- Place your cashew meat on a pan and take it to the stove. Turn the stove to medium heat and add your oil, salt and onion powder.
- Stir the cashew on your pan for about 3-5 minutes or until edges of the cashew meat are golden.
- Add the BBQ sauce to the pan and stir the cashew with the BBQ sauce until well blended. Then remove from heat.
- Heat up your burger buns : We suggest placing them on a slightly greased pan on medium heat for 30 seconds – 1 minute , but the toaster or oven works too.
- Once your buns are nice and warm, spread your mayo on one of the slices of bread.
- Top it off with your BBQ cashew mixture, your greens, tomato and any additional topping.