Plant-Based Lasagna with Cashew Fruit Meat
Time : 40-50 minutes
Serving size : 6-8 servings
- Lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of marinara sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup of medium – firm tofu
- 1 pack of cashew fruit meat pulled apart
- 4 olives diced
- 1/4 cup of vegan cheese ( optional)
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1 table spoon of dried oregano
- 1 table spoon of nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 table spoons of cooking oil
- 1 table spoon of dried cumin
- glass/ over proof tray
- 1/4 cup of water
pre-heat oven to 425 f
Step 1 : Bring a pan to medium heat on the stove and add the crushed garlic and cooking oil.
Once garlic is golden add the cashew fruit meat, cumin powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 1 minute.
Step 2: Add 1/2 cup of marinara sauce to the pan and mic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the dried oregano. Taste your mixture and add any additional seasonings of choice. Remove from heat
Step 3 : In a bowl, crush your tofu with your hands until it looks like ricotta cheese. Add the nutritional yeast and mix. Set aside
Step 4: On your tray, layer the bottom with marinara sauce. Just enough to coat the bottom
add a layer of lasagna noodles, meat mixture and tofu ricotta cheese. Repeat until you ran out our mixtures.
Step 5: pour marinara sauce on the top with a dash of oregano and your vegan cheese
Step 6: on the sides of the pan pour your water.
Step 7 : cover pan with aluminum foil and place in oven for 25-30 or until noodles are soft enough to puncture through.