Mock Tuna Sandwich with Cashew Fruit Meat
(Servings: 4 sandwiches) : Can be made gluten free.
preparation time : 15 minutes.
- One pack of cashew meat
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- Half a lime juice
- half of a purple onion
- 1 table spoon of capers
- Your choice of bread
- A handful of greens ( sprouts, lettuce..)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Gather all ingredients
- Mince your purple onion
- For the mock tuna mixture: In a mixing bowl, add your cashew meat, mayo, sriracha, capers, lime juice and minced purple onion
- Mix with a spoon until all ingredients are well blended
- Put your bowl of mixed ingredients on the the side and toast your bread.
- Spread your “mock tuna mixture” on your bread and layer it with your choice of greens, tomato and cheese.